Sunday, December 18, 2011

What a week!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back, but we've been very busy at the store.

Andrea set out a new taste treat today that was very well received by our customers.  It was simple to prepare, beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. ( The perfect formula for a repeat dish, as far as I'm concerned.)

How easy, you ask?

Well,  set a slab of Goat Cheese on a pretty serving dish.  Drizzle a moderate intensity Joe and Son's premium EVOO over it and then sprinkle a teaspoon or so of our Garlic and Roasted Pepper dipping blend over the cheese.  Serve with crackers.

You have to admit it doesn't get easier than that.


. Let me tell you about a pork tenderloin I cooked the other day.

 I had 2 tenderloins about 2 1/2 pounds total that I needed to prepare quickly.

So.....I sliced the meat before I cooked it.  I did that for 2 reasons.  First, the meat slices beautifully and doesn't shred and there are more surfaces to absorb the flavor of the juices as it cooks.  Okay, there's a 3rd reason to slice before cooking...it cooks a whole lot faster sliced than whole.

I placed the slices of pork in a small lidded roasting pan and lightly salted the meat. I sliced 2 medium onions and arranged them over the pork slices.
I happen to like some sweetness to the Mojo I cook the pork in, so I poured about 1/2 cup of Joe and Son's Cranberry/Pear Balsamic Vinegar, 1/4 cup Joe and Son's Traditional  18 year  aged Balsamic Vinegar, and 1/4 cup of Joe and Son's Garlic EVOO over the pork.

I cooked it (covered) at 300 degress for about 30 minutes until the pork was cooked.

I suggest checking the meat after 20 minutes to make sure the juices aren't evaporating and becoming too concentrated.  If they are, add about 1/4 cup of water to the roasting pan.

I served that with black beans and white rice.  We also enjoyed slices of avocado drizzled with our newest EVOO...Roasted Onion and Chipotle.

Who says a tasty meal has to be difficult to cook and take hours to prepare? I don't.

I'll continue to post easy and quick recipes as long as you keep asking for them.

I'll be back in a couple of days with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment