Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Shredded Chinese Chicken with Scallions and Peppers

Making “something out of nothing” is sometimes like pulling a rabbit out of a magician’s hat. Tonight was one of those nights and I was hoping my audience would be impressed.
I had not been planning on cooking, but due to a last minute “thing”, I realized I had to come up with something quick and easy for dinner. (Are you seeing a pattern in the way I describe my cooking style nowadays?)

Okay…so checking what I had on hand ( which was almost nothing) I decided on a stir- fry with some leftover shredded rotisserie chicken, some scallions, red bell peppers and garlic.

Next, I checked my Oils and Balsamics and found I had only a little of this and that. ( It’s time to raid our store.)
These things would just have to do. I crossed my fingers and went for it.

This is the end result after just a few minutes of chopping, slicing and stirring.
My audience liked it and never realized it was a thrown together meal. I think you’ll like it, too.



 
Shredded Chinese Chicken with Scallions and Peppers


1 tsp Joe and Son’s Baklouti Green Chili Oil
1 tsp Joe and Son’s toasted Sesame Oil
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
7 stems scallions, cut into small pieces….white and green parts
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tbsp Joe and Son’s Honey Ginger Balsamic vinegar
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken)
Salt and pepper
 

Heat the 2 oils in a medium sized saute pan over medium/high heat. Place the vegetables in the pan and stir until they are cooked to an “al dente” stage.

Add the Balsamic vinegar and continue to stir until it begins to slightly thicken.

Add the shredded chicken and stir over medium heat until it is thoroughly heated.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over white rice. Makes 4 servings.

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment