Another wonderfully delicious cookie. These are so easy to make and so very difficult to resist.
- 3/4 cup Joe and Son’s Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp very finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 cookie sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer (or hand-held mixer) cream together the oil, milk and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla and basil. Mix together until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then mix into the oil mixture until combined. The dough will be crumbly, but moist.
- Roll the dough to form 1” balls. Place about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake about 8 minutes until they turn a pale golden color.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies