Monday, June 1, 2015

Stuffed Mushrooms

I enjoy entertaining, but I don't enjoy the thought of all the time it takes to prep and prepare the foods I'd want to serve. That's why I'm always on the lookout for recipes that are quick, fast, easy that present as though I've spent hours fixing them. In addition, I like bright, intense colors in these foods.  I think they look more appealing if they don't look washed out on a serving platter. I'm also looking for recipes that aren't overloaded with carbs because many of our friends and family are on carb restricted diets.  Gosh, I sound picky, don't I?  That's because I am. 
 
When I serve this recipe, I often include glazed baby carrots and roasted sweet yellow bell peppers on the serving tray......Gives lots of visual impact with the colors.
 
These mushrooms look pretty and they taste even better than they look.
 

 
 
 
Stuffed Mushrooms

24 fresh mushrooms, medium sized, stems removed
3 Tbsp. Joe and Son’s Truffle Oil

½ cup green onions, finely chopped, white and green parts
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pkg. frozen spinach, chopped, 10 ounce size
2 oz. softened cream cheese
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese

 
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel.
Thaw spinach and squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible.
Pour and heat the Truffle Oil to a low/medium heat in a medium skillet, add chopped green onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the garlic is soft, but not browned.
Add the spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes. In a medium sized bowl, combine the spinach mixture with the cream cheese and feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.

Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top.
Place on a baking tray.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve warm.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment