Monday, December 5, 2011

Temporary website is up

It's taking longer than expected to get the website up and running, but here is a site where you can read about the tasty products found at Joe and Son's Olive Press.

http://www.joeandsonsolivepress.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, last night I prepared some scallops in a 2/1 ratio of Garlic oil with Lemon oil.


Ingredients:
Scallops
Joe and Son's Garlic EVOO...2 parts
Joe and Son's Lemon  EVOO...1 part
Red Pepper flakes
Salt to taste

 I first blanched the scallops to get them to release their water and drained them.  I heated the oils in a pan; stir fried the scallops in the oils until they were cooked and  added some red pepper flakes for a little kick.
I served the scallops over white rice. 




Also, I discovered a great new taste for spinach.

Ingredients:
Spinach
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/4 cup Joe and Son's Butternut Squash Seed Oil
salt and pepper to taste

 I cut up 3 cloves of garlic and cooked it over low heat for about 3 minutes in 1/4 cup of Joe and Son's Butternut Squash Seed Oil.  Then I added a package of fresh spinach to the oil and stirred until it was wilted. I added salt and pepper to taste.

Both of these foods were quick and easy to prepare and certainly could be considered healthy cooking.
But the best part is that they tasted so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment