Folks, there's chicken and then, "There's Chicken". I know, you're saying to yourselves, "Chicken again?" But this recipe is different.
Sometimes it just takes a few ordinary ingredients added together in a new combination to make a dish come alive. This recipe is the one that does just that. I've said it before and I'll say it again. A recipe does not have to be complicated to be delicious. Most of the time, simple and quick is the perfect way to go. Even a cooking novice could make this in under 30 minutes from start to finish........
Chicken With Roasted Peppers
- 2 chicken breasts, 8 oz. cut in halves (4 pieces)
- 1 8 oz. jar of roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 2"
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 1 9 oz pkg frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained (I like Birds Eye)
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Joe and Son's Chipotle Olive Oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Heat the Chipotle Olive Oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken halves and sauté for 4 minutes each side.
- Add red peppers and artichoke hearts and sauté with the chicken for two minutes.
- Add the white wine and chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Toss in the capers, pepper and rosemary.
- Cook on medium heat and reduce mixture for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and pour the sauce over it.
Serve with rice or pasta. This makes about four servings.