Sunday, September 3, 2017

Italian Cookie variation

I have a recipe for vegan Italian wedding cookies that I posted on this Blog in June, 2014.  As delicious as that recipe is, I played around with it and came up with something that  resembles a marzipan cookie.
 
I just love to add a tad of almond extract in my desserts whenever I can.

 Brownies with a touch of almond go to another level of goodness, in my opinion. Add almond to your chocolate cakes, pound cakes or puddings and see what I mean.


 
 


But, to get back on point.  You'll need a box of Almond Paste for this.

Using the same basic cookie dough recipe I referred to above, take a scoop of dough; roll it into a small ball and then flatten it in the palm of your hand.

Take about a pinch (maybe the size of your pinky tip) of the almond paste and squish it into a firm shape.  Place this on the flattened cookie dough and shape the dough around the almond paste.

Now proceed with the original directions.  If you choose not to roll them in Confectioner's sugar, simple granulated sugar would be fine. Or, GASP, you could roll them in Nestle Quik's dry chocolate mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment