Thursday, July 3, 2014

BBQ glazes

If you're getting together with the family, I'm sure you feel the same way I do.  Even though I'm in charge of the food and the preparation, I would prefer to spend my time enjoying the festivities with my friends and family rather than in front of the stove, grill  or oven.

So, I have  suggestions for ways to give your steaks, chicken or ribs a professional flair without a great deal of thought about the glaze.





Try mixing Joe and Son's Green Chili EVOO with an equal part of Joe and Son's Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar.  It's even better if you do a slight reduction of the Balsamic Vinegar before combining it with the EVOO.  It will make a thicker glaze for the steak.

Actually, our Green Chili EVOO combines very well with any of our fruit infused Balsamic vinegars to make a tasty and easy sauce.  AND, since Joe and Son's Balsamic Vinegars have ONLY 3 carbs per tablespoon, they are a healthier choice than pre-made BBQ sauces loaded with sugar.

If the Green Chili EVOO is too hot for your taste, there's always Chipotle EVOO  for a milder heat with a smokey taste.

Add a  Corn and Black Bean Salad drizzled with Joe and Son's Persian Lime EVOO.

For a fresh, light dessert serve fresh strawberries macerated in our Coconut Balsamic Vinegar.

Entertaining a crowd was never easier than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment