Sunday, August 31, 2014

Banana Bread

I must admit I've read about ways to bake breads that help to reduce the fats used in baking.  Some suggestions have been to substitute applesauce or other fruit purees for some of the butter or oil called for in the recipe.  As I said, I've read about it; but never done it.  Until now.

Today I decided to bake a banana bread and reduce some of the fat calories.  I didn't have applesauce, but I did have apple butter....I thought, "Why not?"

I'm glad I did this and I'll do it again.




Banana Bread with Apple Butter
 
 
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 /2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 medium ripe bananas...mashed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup Joe and Son's Butter Infused Olive Oil
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
 
You may bake this bread in one  9x5 loaf pan OR 4 mini-loaf pans.  Grease and flour the bottoms and sides of the pans.
 
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir together to blend well.
In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs; add the Butter Olive Oil and apple butter and whisk together.
Add the mashed bananas and continue to whisk until the bananas have been incorporated into the egg mixture.
 
Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is smooth.
 
Pour into your desired choice of prepared pan.
 
9x5 loaf pan.....bake for about 40 minutes.
4 mini loaf pans.....bake for about 25 minutes.
 
Check with a toothpick or ice pick to see if the bread is fully baked.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment